This time of year, our thoughts often turn to those who need help, whether in our personal lives or in our wider communities. This past year hasn’t exactly been easy for small businesses, but if you find yourself able, consider one of these ways to do some good in your community.
- Support other businesses as often as possible, both personally and on behalf of your small business.
- Donate, whether it’s monetarily or via the goods your business makes or service you perform.
- Show your employees a little extra love, whether it’s more holiday time off or gift cards to use at local businesses in the new year.
- Signal boost other businesses. Make a point of highlighting the other small businesses in your area or indirect competitors in your industry. Word of mouth is a powerful thing!
- Give referrals to other service providers as often as possible.
- Investigate charity events your business can sponsor or participate in.
- Consider giving away a service or resource that you might normally charge for, whether it’s a giveaway to your customers, or a partnership with another business who might need what you offer in order to succeed.
- Collaborate with other businesses to offer bundled services or products. This can help promote related businesses and perhaps introduce them to potential customers who weren’t familiar with them.
- Show your gratitude. This one might sound overly simple, but sometimes just hearing that someone out there cares can go miles in sustaining an entrepreneur’s determination.
Do you have any other suggestions that we might have missed?