Reviewing your year in entrepreneurship
Another year is drawing to a close, and whether this means a busy or slow time for your small business, it’s important to look back at your year and plan for what’s coming next.
7 ways to wind down your year in entrepreneurship
- Streamline your contacts list – remove old contacts and duplicate records, and update current contacts in your professional networks.
- Update your productivity and technology tools – download updates and templates and make sure your current apps are still working for you.
- Review your 2021 business goals. What worked well and what didn’t? In 2022, do more of what worked in 2021, and refine the things that didn’t.
- Develop a strategic plan – a roadmap for getting from point A to point B. If you don’t have a strategic plan, create one – and follow it. We’ve got a free one-page business plan template you can download at our website.
- Take a close look at your marketing, human resources management, financing and operations. Is there anything you could do better? Get working on some ideas to become more effective.
- Read up on new ways social media can help you reach your audience. Read some business blogs or tweets as a first step, and find which tools will work best for your business.
- Clean up your files! Delete old files. Get rid of spam emails. Back up your business records onto a disc, memory stick, cloud server or hire a company to do it for you on a regular basis. Set up a good online file folder system so you don’t have to scroll through three months of emails to find something your accountant wants.
This month, take the time to look back at your year in small business, and get yourself prepared to hit the ground running next year.