Another year is drawing to a close, and whether this means a busy or slow time for your small business, it’s important to look back at your year and plan for what’s coming next.
7 ways to wind down your year in entrepreneurship
- Review your 2022 business goals. What worked well and what didn’t? In 2023, do more of what worked in 2022, and evaluate the things that didn’t.
- Develop a strategic plan. This roadmap for getting from point A to point B can help your business immensely. If you don’t have a strategic plan, we’ve got a free one-page business plan template you can download at our website.
- Take a close look at your marketing, human resources management, financing and operations. Is there anything you could do better? Get working on some ideas to become more effective.
- Read up on new ways to reach your audience. Social media and marketing are always evolving, so it’s a good idea to make sure what you’re doing still works for you and your business. As a starting point, check out our tips for generating brand awareness on a small budget!
- Tidy up your contact information. Remove old contacts and duplicate records, and update current contacts in your professional networks.
- Update your productivity and technology tools. Download updates and templates and make sure your current apps are still benefiting your business.
- Clean up your files! Delete old files. Get rid of spam emails. Back up your business records or hire a company to do it for you on a regular basis. Set up a good online file folder system so you don’t have to scroll through three months of emails to find something your accountant wants.
We know the holidays are a flurry of activity, but take some time to look back at your year in small business, and get yourself prepared to hit the ground running next year. All the best!