Pitching your small business idea to an investor can seem daunting, and it can seem hard to know what to prepare for. When getting ready for your small business pitch, try to have answers ready for these 6 common questions that investors often ask entrepreneurs:
- What is your business all about? (Discuss your company, what you do, why you’re so special – in the shortest possible amount of time).
- What will prevent others from doing what you’re doing, or, what’s your competitive advantage?
- What are you going to do with the money you raise?
- Who’s your target market and why will they buy from you?
- What’s your marketing strategy?
- What does your venture/management team look like?
Though these are 6 of the most likely questions, every investor will have their own things they want to ask you. You can’t prepare for every question, but getting the basics nailed down will help.
Check out our tips for pitching to investors – and good luck!